Friday, September 6, 2013

upcycled bedskirt


I love, love, LOVE upcycling. It is so gratifying to turn something old and worn out into something new and pretty. I also super love the fact that it keeps things from going into a landfill for at least a little longer. I don't have a before picture, but at a recent trip to Goodwill I found a bedskirt for $1. I've been going there a lot for fabric lately. A queen size bed skirt is a good 3-4 yards of fabric (at least). Try finding prices like that at your local fabric store! :P
This fabric in particular had a good old-fashioned vibe that I originally planned on turning into a ruffly apron,
but today I stumbled up Whimsy Couture and their $4 pdf pattern sale: http://whimsycouturepatternshop.blogspot.com/2013/09/4-tiered-skirt-ebook.html
. It has sizes 0-3 months, to girls 14/16. This is actually the first PDF I've ever bought, but it was way too good a deal to pass up on, and I'm so glad I didn't!

Anyways, another perk is that I didn't have to sew a single hem because there was already one there! I still have tons of fabric left over, and for only $1, I love that my daughter not only gets a super cute skirt, but also one that I don't mind her catching bugs & playing in the mud in. :)



yep, it's twirly!

Have you ever upcycled anything before?



No comments:

Post a Comment