Sunday, January 13, 2013

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

I've only very recently started making fish. My husband has been asking for 8 years, and I always refused. The only fish I had as a child was extremely fishy, and left me with a very bad taste for it. Then, my father-in-law made me some amazing tilapia fried in butter with a sour cream sauce, and I had a change of heart. I'm now loving how fast it is to cook up, and my kids absolutely love it. I usually make a blackened fish, but last night I tried something new that I think will be on the fish rotation. Here's the super simple recipe I used:

1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
2 tablespoons lemon juice
5 tilapia fillets
olive oil
(we had leftover cheese and breadcrumb mix, so 1/4 cup each would probably work)

Thaw fish according to directions. Mix cheese & breadcrumbs together and spread on plate. Pour lemon juice on another plate & dredge fish in juice, and then pat the mix on both sides. Fry on medium-medium/high heat in olive oil 3-4 minutes on each side. Add more lemon juice if desired!

 
We also tried spaghetti squash for the first time, and it was okay. The "noodles" were definitely al dente, so I may not have cooked it long enough. I think we may try it again one day, although the bigger kids hated it. I just scooped it right out & seasoned with salt and pepper. Anybody know of a better way?
 
 
the kiddie plate
 


No comments:

Post a Comment