Saturday, January 5, 2013

Chicken Fajita Omelet

We used to go to Ihop solely so that my husband could get their chicken fajita omelets. There was no way I was going to do all that work for breakfast. :P Then one morning, we had leftovers from fajita night, and I realized that is the perfect solution!  I don't know why it took me eight years to realize this, but it did.
You can use any leftover fajita mix that you have (if you're looking for one, I've got a healthy one here ), just save a cup or so, add a little cheddar, and some salsa, and you have a simple, fast, & great breakfast the next morning.
I am a firm believer in eating a big breakfast, and for now I'm not too worried about using a  whole egg, but you can definitely do a egg white omelet to cut a few calories.

(and just in case you have an omelet fail like me, scrambled works too)

No comments:

Post a Comment