Thursday, February 7, 2013

Veggie sneak-in

I've recently discovered roasting veggies, and it is amazing. I always thought I wasn't a fan of vegetables, but it just turns out it's the limp, frozen then boiled kind I can't stand. But fresh veggies are a whole different story.
 
Anyways, my kids normally don't like carrots, but the other day I cut them in a "French fry" style, tossed them with a little sea salt and olive oil, and roasted them at 425 for about 15 minutes.
 
I decided to be sneaky, and separated the carrots from the broccoli and added a little ketchup, and wouldn't you know!? They thought they were eating sweet potatoes, and ate them all up without a single complaint!


2 comments:

  1. Roasted veggies are my favorite! I'm pretty picky when it comes to food, but I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm Emily! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog!

    ewalsh874{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete