Friday, April 5, 2013

Date night chicken

Every week, the husband and I do "date night" at home. The kids eat before we do, and then depending on how I feel, I either cook something simple or fancier for us. Yesterday we had Chipotle and watched Total Recall, last week I made this Feta & Red Pepper Chicken & I forced my husband to watch the final Twilight movie with me.


This is pretty much the food trifecta.

1. It's easy to make.
2. All the colors and textures make it look like something special.
3. It tastes amazing.

What more could you ask for!? We liked it so much, I went ahead and made it again three days later for Easter dinner!

So here ya go!

Feta & Red Pepper Chicken
Ingredients (for 2):
1 red bell pepper sliced thinly
1/2 red onion sliced thinly
3 tbs red wine (optional)
2 cloves chopped garlic
2 chicken breasts
Feta cheese

Steps:

Sauté peppers, onions, and garlic in olive oil over medium/ medium-low heat until tender. When they were just about finished, I added a splash of red wine to add a little flavor and make them even more tender. Add salt to taste.

Cook chicken breast thoroughly. (I used butter and garlic the first time, olive oil the second)

 
Place chicken on a baking sheet, and top with pepper mix, and top that with the feta.
It was date night, and I was feeling a little naughty, so I poured the left over butter & garlic from the chicken on top of the cheese.
 
Broil until cheese starts to brown. That's it. So simple, but absolutely delicious. My husband isn't big on chicken, but I served it with some rosemary potato wedges, and he raved over this!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! I love all the ingredients in it. My husband and I have an at-home date every Saturday night. :) I'm a new follower from the Meet and Greet, following with GFC. :)

    ReplyDelete