Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Date Night Pizza




Last week it was Date Night Chicken. Now I present Date Night Pizza. :)

Caramelized Onion & Prosciutto Pizza

 For the recipe, head over here to the Pioneer Woman.
 
I pretty much made it the same as she did with a few small differences.
First, I used less sugar in the onions, and they still came out a tiny bit sweet for my preference. That could be because I used a little less prosciutto than she did. I cooked mine at 450 for 12 minutes (my standard pizza time). It turns out the flavor in the meat is pretty much over powered by the onions unless it's really crispy, which mine only got crispy in a few spots. I also topped it with arugula, which I may or may not add in the future.
 
Overall though, this was really good. Next time I'll try just a teaspoon or so of sugar and turn the broiler on at the end.
 
So there you have it! What's your favorite specialty pizza recipe? I'm always looking for new ideas!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment