Saturday, May 11, 2013

O's 1st birthday

 
It was my sweet baby's 1st birthday recently, and I thought I'd share a little of the festivities with you!
 
I originally had a big monster theme planned, and was planning on making this as Owen's smash cake (idea from here) and have a bunch of little monster cupcakes on the side. It ended up with me making this cake and deciding that was good enough, haha!
 
 
Super easy! Striped straws from Target, and scrapbook paper triangles glued onto twine.
 
 You can kind of see some of the monstery ideas, like the toilet paper rolls and these little guys I made:
 

Kind of lumpy...I need to figure out how to stuff things evenly!


I was going for an ombre look, but the fourth slice crumbled when I took it out of the pan. Close enough though, right?

Baby Boy ended up getting a single cupcake with a blueberry filling.
 

Dixie, our new Sheltie pup, looking on
 
 
Another idea I saw somewhere was to have baby paint a picture on their first birthday.  I REALLY loved that one! It turned out so cute. :)


you can see a little yellow paint he tried to eat. It's definitely a close supervision project at this age...



ta-da!
 
It wasn't a big party, just a little something for the family to enjoy, but still fun!

 

1 comment: