Saturday, June 29, 2013

Healthy (Enough) Chocolate Muffins


 

There are two kinds of dessert made in this house. Good for you desserts for the kids, and butter/sugar bombs for the mister and me. These are for the kids...

Anyways, these are slightly better for you than normal, and I'd even consider these a reasonable substitute for brownies (and I love brownies). I'm a chocolate person, and these were chocolate enough for me without being too much. Their good warm, room temperature, and cold from the fridge! These little guys are awesome! You could definitely make this in the traditional banana bread way, but I love the mini-cupcakes for portion control for the kiddos.

Chocolate Banana  Muffins
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup applesauce (the single serve applesauce cups are 1/3 cup!)
3 mashed bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour (I use half whole wheat half unbleached)
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350. Spray bottom of  muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Beat sugar, eggs, and applesauce in large bowl at medium speed until combined. Beat in banana and vanilla at low speed. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; beat into banana mixture at low speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
3 Spoon batter into pan. Bake 15-25minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
I love the mini cupcake pans for portion control, and recently discovered that a tablespoon fills them up perfectly!
(my 6 year old filled these!)


1 comment:

  1. These look really good! Thanks for coming by my blog, and I'm glad to be your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete